Aloo Gobi (Cauliflower with potatoes)
Want to make it?
Ingredient Block # 1
- green chili At discretion At discretion (chopped)
- sodium salt At discretion At discretion
- cumin 1 Teaspoon 1 Teaspoon ( seeds)
- ground coriander 1 Teaspoon 1 Teaspoon
- coriander leaves 1 Teaspoon 1 Teaspoon
- oil 2 Tablespoon 2 Tablespoon
- cauliflower 500 Gram 500 Gram
- potatoes 500 Gram 500 Gram
- chili powder 0.25 Teaspoon 0.25 Teaspoon
- turmeric powder 0.5 Teaspoon 0.5 Teaspoon
- cumin powder 1 Teaspoon 1 Teaspoon
You've changed the number of portions - include changes in directions!
Direction Block # 1
- Par boil the potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the cumin seeds for about 2 minutes, until they begin to splutter. Add the green chilli and fry for a further 1 minute
- Add the cauliflower florets and fry, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add the potatoes, the ground spices and salt and cook for 7-10 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with tomato and onion salad and pickle.